For many people, having a well-furnished place is a top priority. No one wants to come home to a blank canvas of a living room or family room. One way to ensure your space looks put-together is by having a decorated entertainment center. An entertainment center can add both function and style to a room. But what do you do when it comes to decorating an entertainment center?
Here are some ideas to get you started:
● The layout is one of the most important things to consider when decorating an entertainment center. You want to ensure that everything is easily accessible and that there is a place for everything. One way to do this is by using baskets or bins to store items such as games or DVDs. This will also help you keep the area clean and tidy. Another thing to consider is the lighting.
● You want to be able to see everything without having the glare from a TV or lamps in your eyes. One way to achieve this is by using recessed lighting or track lighting. These lights can be directed towards the areas you use most often.
● Finally, you want to make sure that your cords are hidden. This can be done by running them through the back of the entertainment center or by using cord covers. By following these tips, you will be well on your way to having a beautiful and functional entertainment center.
Tips to decorate your entertainment center that complements your existing décor:
● Pick a Focal Point: When you walk into a room, your eye is naturally drawn to the focal point. In most rooms, the TV is the focal point. As such, your entertainment center should be designed around the TV. If you have a large-screen TV, consider getting an open entertainment center in the back so the TV can breathe. On the other hand, if you have a smaller TV, you may want to get an entertainment center with doors to give the illusion of more storage space.
● Choose Complementary Colors: Your entertainment center should be cohesive with the rest of your room’s design scheme. To achieve this, pick colors that complement each other. For instance, if your sofa is tan and your walls are light blue, you may want to get an entertainment center that is dark wood or white. These colors will tie the whole room together and create a sense of harmony.
● Incorporate Texture: Too much of one texture can make a room feel flat and boring. To liven things up, incorporate different textures into your design scheme—including your entertainment center. For example, if your coffee table is glass and your rug is fluffy, you may want to get an entertainment center with door panels that have raised woodgrain detailing or metal accents. This mix of textures will add dimension to the room and make it more interesting to look at.
A well-decorated entertainment center can take your living room or family room from drab to fab in no time. And don’t be afraid to mix things up by incorporating different textures into your design scheme.
Decorating an entertainment center can seem daunting, but it does not have to be! By following these tips, you will be well on your way to having a beautiful and functional space. So get started today and Enjoy!